Special foam of SAS-TEC
The special characteristics of our unique SAS-TEC foam.
- Viscoelastic foam with memory effect: After an impact or any kind of deformation the foam (protector) returns to its original shape within shortly.
- Multi impact compliant: Unlike many other dampening materials (such as styrofoam (EPS), silicone or foam of inferior quality) our PU-foam is multi impact compliant. Thus impacts or high pressure do not destroy the protector even when the same area is affected repeatedly. The protector keeps its full functional capability.
- Excellent residual forces: The CE-approved protectors of SAS-TEC remain up to 50 per cent below the legal values of the norm EN 1621.
- Lightweight: high absorbability despite low density. Hard shell protectors or materials containing silicone are considerably more heavy which reduces the wearing comfort. The density of our SAS-TEC foam is about 280 g/l, hard shells in contrast have an average density of 1050 g/l.
- Adaptive absorption: The air which is embedded in the foam´s cells provoke a progressive absorption. The protector remains soft in case of slowly increasing forces, however when it comes to a fast heavy impact the resistance of the foam grows with increasing speed.
- In impulse responding behaviour: Contrary to hard shell protectors, styrofoam damper or many other dampening materials, SAS-TEC foam reacts promptly and without any time delay even to minor impacts. The energy absorption goes almost linear, which keeps the impact forces to the human body at a low level.
- Environmental compatibility: The raw materials for our foam production are partly made of renewable materials. It is therefore possible to dispose of the protectors with the regular household garbage.
- Long product life: Some manufacturers of body protection only indicate a product life of two to three years for their articles, whereas SAS-TEC foam comes with a life expectancy of ten years.
- Temperature stability: Due to a special mixture SAS-TEC foam resists temperatures of approx. 100°C. Conventional PU-foam is only able to stand temperatures of approx. 60°C without taking damage.
- Comfort: The high flexibility of our foam ensures outstanding comfort.
- Washable (hand wash): The cell structure of our SAS-TEC foam keeps water from entering the material — the water absorption is below one per cent. Therefore hand wash can be recommended without hesitation.